We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and ambitious graduate (or final year student) with a background in Computer Science or similar to join our team as a Junior Front-end Developer. You’ll be joining a fast growing Australian tech startup whose AI-powered proofreading software has been used by over a million people in more than 200 countries.
- Full time position at a small, agile startup (can be a more flexible arrangement for final year students, with the potential for a permanent role in future);
- Maintaining our front-end web services, including our marketing site, web app, word processor plugins and browser plugins;
- Integrating front-end applications with our API;
- Designing front-end user experiences and rapid prototypes;
- Planning, designing and implementing new features that will be rolled out to 1,000,000+ customers;
- Refining the performance of our front-end applications;
- Building comprehensive test suites for new and existing applications;
- Sydney CBD office location adjacent to Wynyard station.
- We offer flexible hours and a fun, innovative work culture;
- Opportunity to gain broad experience in front-end software projects and frameworks;
- Receive mentorship from senior developers at the forefront of the startup and AI industries;
- We will help you ship production code to millions of people worldwide.
You would be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working as part of a small, highly-collaborative team;
- Have a passion for learning new technologies and improving processes;
- Are comfortable writing code in front-end frameworks;
- Are passionate about designing and developing intuitive user experiences;
- Enjoy solving complex problems that require learning something new;
- Are entrepreneurial and have an interest in the startup industry.
- In the final year of, or have completed, a degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Have previously built or contributed to projects outside of academic coursework;
- Strong academic transcript;
- Working rights in Australia.
- Experience with JS component-based frameworks for building user interfaces (React or similar) together with predictable application state management (Redux or similar);
- Experience in developing browser extensions;
- Experience with source control, preferably Git;
- Design experience;
- Experience with back-end API programming;
- Strong algorithmic skills in any programming language.
How to apply
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and Academic Transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 June 2020.
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. We recommend submitting your application as early as possible.
Successful applicants will be invited to sit an online programming quiz, followed by an interview.